The Georgia Aquarium does a great job with these activities. We’ve done their Princess Days before and the girls loved it.
We are celebrating Talk Like a Pirate Day! We’re setting sail for an amazing and educational journey around the Seven Seas and our very own One World Ocean! Join Georgia Aquarium for Pirate Day Weekend, Sept. 24-26, 2010, as we circle the globe and learn about our rivers and oceans, the unique animals that inhabit them and what you can do to help with the conservation of all aquatic life.
Georgia Aquarium’s Pirate Day Weekend invites all curious swashbucklers to join Deepo, Domino and Scooter as they appear in person to help raise awareness for the oceans and animals that inhabit them.
We want you to get in the pirate spirit with us! Kids 12 and under that come dressed in pirate costume are FREE!* Walk the plank with fellow pirateers in pirate parades, and join us for special arts, crafts and pirate games. Arrrgghhh!
Activities and giveaways include:
- Pirate-themed arts and crafts stations including pirate hats and eye patches, dress-a-pirate penguin, “My Pirate Name” station and a nautical knot station
- Navigation station
- Georgia Aquarium “treasure hunt” and scavenger hunt
- Free activity books
- Temporary tattoos
- Special pirate costume contests and parades throughout the day
- Pirate ship photo station
- “Walk the Plank” dive show